Saturday, December 17, 2011

Vehicles I've Owned

Vehicles I've owned in approximately chronological order.  Only vehicles with titles and registration in my name.

Four-Wheeled Vehicles:
1969 MG Midget, red, sold to some guy.  Probably the best investment I ever made.  Last I saw it had a bad head gasket but was going to be repaired by the owner.
19?? Chev Chevette, cream, basic high school transportation with possibly the noisiest manual transmission I've ever heard.  Many broken parts, sold to a friend whose family had a salvage yard.
1977 MGB, white, Still have but will probably never run under its own power but I can't get rid of it.
1975 Dodge Dart Swinger, Primer Grey, sold back to the person I bought it from for the same price.
1974/2 MGB, turquoise, Semi-permanent hard top.  Great winter beater B.  Sold to a kid I worked with who crashed it.
19?? Buick k-car.  Brown.  Sold it several times before it actually sold.
19?? Chev S-10.  Probably the most underpowered truck I every owned.  Sold to some guy who wanted to put a V-8 in it.
19?? ??, small Japanese car I only had for a few weeks.  Smoked like crazy on start up.  Sold to some guy who wanted to flip it.
19?? Nissan Truck, white, very old, drum/drum brakes.  Neat looking truck, only had for one year.  Traded in on F-150
19?? Ford F-150, brown.  Had piston knock but I fixed it.  Great college truck.  Bullet-proof 4WD.  Traded in on blue F-150.
1972 MGB, blue.  Bought crashed and rebuilt on a college budget.  Still have.
1994 Ford F-150 4x4, blue.  College graduation present to myself.  Probably my favorite truck.  I crashed it.
19?? Chev C-1500 2x4.  Blue stepside truck.  Liked the way it looked but not much else about it.  Traded it in on the Dakota.
1994 Dodge Dakota 2x4.  Green.  Great truck, traded in on grey F-150.
2002 Ford F-150 4x4.  Grey, OK truck, but had lots of problems with it.  Traded it in on the Tacoma.
1956 MGA.  Green, fun car, but didn't drive it much.  Got it from the guy after building an engine for it.  Sold it to a guy in Austria.
1962 MGB, Iris Blue.  Second owner after being off the road for a long time.  Neat car, but didn't drive it much.  Sold it to a guy in New York.
2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4.  Blue, decent truck, basic 4x4, but nothing more.


Two-wheeled vehicles:
19?? Yamaha Chappy. Yellow, registered as a moped, drove at age of 15.  Gave to friend after turned 16.
1976 Honda CJ360T. Red, First real bike.  Great fun, wrecked and gave to a guy when I moved after college.  It was put back on the road.
1997 Harley Sportster Sport.  Black, good fun bike.  Traded it in on the Dyna to do more long riding.
2001 Harley Dyna Superglide T-Sport, Grey, then blue after crashing into deer.  Good touring bike.  Traded in on electraglide.
2004 Harley Electraglide Classic.  Blue, great bike but a bit slow.  Sold to a guy after posting at work.
2005 Honda VFR800.  Red, fun bike, always going fast.  Traded in on the ST1300.
2006 Honda ST1300.  Black, awesome bike.  Love it.  Still have it.
2007 Honda Goldwing.  Blue, great 2-up touring bike.  Love it.  Still have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment